Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Magazines + Mod Podge + Chair = Beautiful!

My current project is long over due! I have been wanting to make a magazine collage chair for a loooong time!!! So I finally started. You can watch my progress as I make it. :) I started with my antique wooden chair. Then I took some of my favorite magazines and got to work. I cut out pictures and words that inspire me. One of the magazines is England :) I also used a wedding magazine! I love wedding magazines because they are full of pictures of beautiful gowns, diamonds, flowers, cakes, and diamonds! Did I forget to mention sparkly diamonds? ha ha 

SO now that I have my pile of cut outs, I need to move on to the next step :) The Mod- Podge step! If you are not familiar with Mod- Podge, than let me fill you in. It is a mixture between glue and paint and it is one of the artists' 7 wonders of the world. All you do is dip a paint brush in it, brush over the surface, then brush over the magazine....and poof! Your magazine just became one with the surface. Once it dries you can't even tell it was used. No stickiness and no clumps. Just pure matte perfection!

Here is the progress of the chair so far...





Since everyone is going green these days, what better way to recycle old magazines that you will never read again!

No comments:

Post a Comment