Thursday, August 30, 2012

Syllabi = Lullaby





It is the second day of class and I started my day feeling ready to go! I had my bag organized with plenty of paper, my weekly planner, pens, high lighters, etc. I spent more than enough time primping  this morning despite my exhaustion from lack of sleep. I walked in my first class of the day with my coffee in hand and wearing a smile. :) I was ready to rumble........until about 10 minutes into the professor reading the syllabus. I could feel my brain evaporating. As I glanced at the pages of assignments, requirements, and due dates all enthusiasm for the day vanished. I am a "planner". If anyone else is a planner you can definitely relate to my love for to- do lists, sticky notes, and my calendar. So, my experience in my first two days of class were more of a reflection on past "first days". I remembered why I am not as fond of the homework side of college as I am the social. :) I think I have found my diagnosis for my current problem. I have a form of Senioritis... however my case has formed early. Even though I am only a junior in college now, I can almost see that diploma in hand and hear that graduation song already!

Trying to enjoy this season of my life is extremely hard some days! All I can do is dream about the future and look forward to what is a head. However sometimes I need to stop  myself and enjoy what is happening right now. Right now I am a student and I have lots of stress, but we will never get these years back. :) I am looking forward to my classes that will help be prepare to be a teacher someday! This is gonna be a great year!!!

Love ya all!
Cara



2 comments:

  1. Great perspective Cara! Hold on to what you have now. College is amazing and you only have 4 years of it. Enjoy it for all it's worth.. stress and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! I know these years will fly!

    ReplyDelete